THE KING’S ACADEMY TECHNOLOGY VISION
“Creating Digital Citizens Connected to Him”
It is The King’s Academy’s commitment, and our distinctive vision, to “Create Digital Citizens Connected to Him.” The computer age has changed the world we live in and produced far greater challenges than ever before. We can try to avoid those challenges, ignore them, or face them head on. TKA believes the latter is the correct course for all Christians. At The King’s Academy, our goal is always to prepare our students – for college, life, service and eternity. The stated vision of The King’s Academy is: “Graduates of The King’s Academy are transformed by Christ, live a life that honors God, and use their gifts to influence the world for Him.” To that end, these are the areas TKA will focus on in preparing our students to be responsible digital citizens connected to our King Jesus Christ:
- Be kind
- Disagree respectfully
- Be ethical and give credit
- Set a positive example and honor God
- Collaborate with others
- Create and share beautiful ideas and work
- Spread the love of Jesus
- Protect privacy of self and others
- Decide thoughtfully what to watch and read
- Think critically about many sides of an issue
- Research carefully to evaluate credibility
- Stand up for others
- Raise awareness
- Influence the world for Him
In Genesis, God commanded us to “subdue the earth, and take dominion over all the world.” In 2 Corinthians 10:5, Paul commands us to take every thought captive, and make it obedient to Christ. That has never been more important than it is today in the digital age. If we ignore the world our students are living in, and one day working in, then we will fail in preparing them to take every thought captive. It is a very daunting task, but one we must face. Let’s partner together and face these new challenges in a way that honors our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Creating a Partnership
As part of the partnership with parents, The King’s Academy will…
- Provide an internet agreement policy.
- Provide the device needed for school.
- Provide tech support for the student and parent.
- Provide filtering mechanisms for devices.
- Provide seminars and resources for parents.