November 16, 2018
Dear TKA Community,
After prayerful consideration, TKA's administrative leadership team has decided there will be no school next Monday and Tuesday, giving students the entire week off for Thanksgiving vacation.
Since air quality is not expected to improve until late next week, it seemed prudent to make a decision today which will allow families to alter vacation plans if desired and give teachers time to reorganize their curriculum to accommodate the lost school days.
While weather conditions may improve, despite predictions, we decided to err on the side of caution allowing families to make plans to enjoy the entire week. We recognize this may be an inconvenience for some families which we hope will be mitigated by this early notice.
Here is more specific information about activities in process or planned:
- Junior High Musical, Peter Pan Jr. will go on as planned tonight and tomorrow given it is held indoors and the theater has a new ventilation system.
- Saturday School is cancelled for tomorrow and will be rescheduled.
- AP English Lit practice exam is cancelled for tomorrow and will be rescheduled.
- Athletic practices and events will be cancelled for next week, except for the planned CCS events.
- 6th grade conferences will be rescheduled after Thanksgiving.
- TKA Alumni vs. Varsity Basketball Team game planned for November 20 is cancelled.
We appreciate your understanding and support as we have tried to navigate this unusual situation and make decisions that best serve our students and families.
Despite what we are experiencing in the Bay Area, we are mindful of the loss and suffering these fires have caused to thousands, including some families and friends of TKA. Our prayers and support are with all of those who are suffering.
We pray for your safe travels during the holiday. May you be blessed with time spent enjoying family and friends.
Scott Meadows, Head of School