What We Stand For
Discover what makes this Christian private school in Silicon Valley stand out from all the others.
Who We Are
The King’s Academy is an independent, college preparatory school for grades 6-12 which exists to honor and glorify our King Jesus Christ.
The King’s Academy is a Christ-centered school that inspires academic excellence, servant leadership, and enduring relationships.
Graduates of The King’s Academy are transformed by Christ, live a life that honors God, and use their gifts to influence the world for Him.
A Christ-Centered School
All school programs are grounded in a Biblical worldview, affirming that true education recognizes God as the supreme source of all truth, knowledge, and wisdom. Faculty and staff are Christian role models who have been called to ministry and have a love for young people. The King’s Academy desires that students have teachable hearts and coachable spirits in order to grow in Christian maturity.
God’s Word calls us to do all things with excellence. The King’s Academy offers a college preparatory curriculum with the goal of developing God’s best for each student. Highly qualified teachers who are passionate about their subject will challenge and support all students. TKA promotes academic, artistic, and athletic excellence as part of a balanced and joyous education.
Local and global service is an integral part of The King’s Academy. We engage students to look beyond themselves and reach out to others in love and compassion. We equip students to share the Gospel and provide opportunities for students to contribute their God-given gifts and talents. All students are encouraged to serve the school community and lead by Godly example.
The King's Academy offers a loving environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus Christ, their families, teachers, and peers. We strive to partner with parents to bring their children up “in the discipline and instruction of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4). Our program includes numerous relationship-building opportunities that create a school culture defined by respect, integrity, and love.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe that God directly created the heavens and the earth and all that lies therein (Genesis 1).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 2:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
The School Board is the only body with the authority to interpret Scripture for The King's Academy.
“Showing the generation to come the praises of the Lord…” Psalm 78:4
The Value of Biblical Diversity at TKA
Believing that God has created all people in His image, The King’s Academy values and cultivates racial, cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity on campus. We recognize all persons are uniquely created by God and are given specific gifts and abilities which foster a well-rounded learning environment. We denounce the sin of racism, and we desire to create a community where students and staff from all racial and ethnic backgrounds feel welcomed and accepted. Ultimately, we desire to impact the diverse cultures of Silicon Valley and the world for the kingdom of God. – Psalm 139:14, Genesis 1:27, Galatians 3:28, and Acts 10:34-35
- Review TKA's action plan surrounding diversity.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
The King's Academy admits students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.