The Academic Support Department offers a limited range of support services for our students who have been diagnosed with a learning issue, a medical illness, and/or emotional issues. The resources we provide are to help equip the student for academic success.
Protocol for Receiving Services
In order for students to receive Academic Support Services, they must submit an educational evaluation that has been administered by a clinical psychologist within the past three years. Students who do not have up-to-date evaluations will not be given assistance through the Academic Support Department. Please contact Academic Support Director, Doreen Heenk, for further questions.
Academic Support Department
Staff: Full-time Director, Full-time Academic Support Coordinator - Junior High, Full-time Academic Support Assistant
- Full-time expert staff
- Create Individual Student Support Plans tailored to the student’s specific learning, emotional, physical needs
- Meet with student’s Educational Testing Evaluator
- Monitor student’s progress
- Make adjustments to schedule when necessary
- Coordinate conferences between students/parents/teachers
- Work closely with Academic Counselors
- Offer private tutoring references
- Offer specialized organization program
- Provide standardized testing on site: certified proctor; application for extended time
- Provide recommendations for psycho-educational testing
- Offer remedial/developmental student workshops
Academic Support Accommodations
- A quiet setting for taking tests and finals in the Academic Support Center
- Proctor test and finals with 50% extended time
- Use of laptops for written work
- Access to calculators
- Study guides for tests and finals
- Spelling accommodations
- Preferential seating
- Peer note-taker
Academic Support Fees
$750 annual fee payable by November 1.
Financial Assistance available upon request to the Business Office
Academic Support Resources
Educational Testing Resources
(Peer tutoring resources, such as National Honor Society tutors, are located on the Parent & Student Resource Page linked in Family Portal under "Resource Documents"