“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future…” Jeremiah 29:11
TKA's College & Academic Counseling Program
Our primary mission is to enable students to use their God-given gifts in pursuit of their life’s calling with confidence and maturity.The King’s Academy places a high value on counseling our students through the academic and college planning process. Our counseling program allows for a seamless progression for students to ensure academic advising that focuses on future goals.
In the 9th grade, each student is assigned a counselor who will remain with the student for all four years of high school and assist with course planning, academic advising, and college counseling needs.
By working with students beginning in the 9th grade, counselors are well acquainted with their students when they begin their college application process, which allows for more personalized college recommendations and detailed counselor letters of recommendation. Moreover, TKA's program fosters enduring relationships between students and their counselors.
College Counselor Ratio
TKA's College and Academic Counseling is consistently rated as one of TKA's strongest departments by parents, students, and staff. There are four counselors, resulting in a 40:1 student to counselor ratio per grade, enabling a highly personalized college counseling experience. (The American School Counselors Association recommends 250:1; In California, the average ratio is 622:1.)
Counseling Services By Grade:
College Visits and Enrollment
In the fall, The King’s Academy hosts over 60 representative visits from colleges and universities around the country. The King’s Academy has the resources, programs, and staff to equip students for admission to a variety of colleges and universities, including top-tier schools. Information about college enrollment and acceptances can be found on TKA’s College Enrollment webpage.
- PSAT Testing 9th, 10th, 11th grades
- SAT Testing 12th grade
- “Parent College Night” presentations tailored for each year in grades 9-12
- Financial Aid Seminar
- College Guest Speaker Series
TKA College and Academic Counseling has a wealth of resources for families:
- Naviance Student™, a widely recognized online software program, assists students in career and college planning
- Career planning assessments and tools
- College application student guides for UC, CSU, private schools, Common Application schools, and community colleges
- Website resources, including entrance and exam preparation, college links, essay writing, financial aid, and scholarships (located at www.tka.org/parent-student-resources)
- Presentations archived online
- College planning and college search
To Request a Transcript
Contact Mrs. Judi Squires, TKA Registrar, (408) 481-9900 x4276
Note: There will be a $3.00 processing fee for each official transcript requested through the Registrar's Office for current students and $5.00 for each transcript requested by alumni.
For College Representatives
The King’s Academy welcomes visits from college and university representatives throughout the school year. Schedule a visit to our campus through RepVisits™ or contact AcademicCounseling@tka.org.
- Driving Directions
- Campus Parking: Please park in the front lot and check in at the Main Office. We look forward to greeting you there!
- School Profile Here: For a more detailed profile, please contact AcademicCounseling@tka.org.
Naviance Student is a free application that allows students to search for colleges and to manage tasks associated with the college admissions process