“Creating Digital Citizens Connected to Him”
It is The King’s Academy’s commitment, and our distinctive vision, to “Create Digital Citizens Connected to Him.” The computer age has changed the world we live in and produced far greater challenges than ever before. We can try to avoid those challenges, ignore them, or face them head on. TKA believes the latter is the correct course for all Christians. At The King’s Academy, our goal is always to prepare our students – for college, life, service and eternity. The stated vision of The King’s Academy is: “Graduates of The King’s Academy are transformed by Christ, live a life that honors God, and use their gifts to influence the world for Him.”
To that end, these are the areas TKA will focus on preparing our students to be responsible digital citizens connected to our King Jesus Christ:
- Be kind
- Disagree respectfully
- Be ethical and give credit
- Set a positive example and honor God
- Collaborate with others
- Create and share beautiful ideas and work
- Spread the love of Jesus
- Protect privacy of self and others
- Decide thoughtfully what to watch and read
- Think critically about many sides of an issue
- Research carefully to evaluate credibility
- Stand up for others
- Raise awareness
- Influence the world for Him
In Genesis, God commanded us to “subdue the earth, and take dominion over all the world.” In 2 Corinthians 10:5, Paul commands us to take every thought captive, and make it obedient to Christ. That has never been more important than it is today in the digital age. If we ignore the world our students are living in, and one day working in, then we will fail in preparing them to take every thought captive. It is a very daunting task, but one we must face. Let’s partner together and face these new challenges in a way that honors our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Creating a Partnership
As part of the partnership with parents, The King’s Academy will…
- Provide an internet agreement policy.
- Provide filtering mechanisms for devices while on campus and recommend filtering solutions for the devices while at home.
- Provide seminars and resources for parents.
Technology Monitoring: Apple Classroom
While technology is a powerful learning tool for students, we realize that it can be tempting for students to be off-task and distracted when using a computer. Therefore, in the junior high and high schools, teachers use Apple Classroom management software to:
- Monitor Devices
- Defeat Distractions
- Keep Students On Task
During classroom instruction time, teachers can monitor student laptops by controlling what websites and applications students are able to use in order to improve student attention and work productivity. Additionally, all devices connected to the TKA network will be filtered using our content filter which filters all Internet activity on campus.
Teaching time is precious, and we have a responsibility to make sure that every aspect of the classroom environment is conducive to learning.
- School Device Minimum Requirements?
- What Software Do Students Need?
- TKA's Filtering & Security Features?
- What If Experience Tech Issues?
- IT Assistance
- Installing Software on Device?
- Issues with MacBook and new Apple M1 Chip?
- Why Apple Technology?
- Apple Education Discount?
- Device Acceptable Use Policy?
- Need Protective Cover?
- What If Device Lost or Stolen?
- What About Loaner Devices?
- Connecting to TKA Wifi?
- Is VPN/Proxy Software Allowed?
- Consequences for Device Misuse?
- Where Charge My Device?
- What About Safeguarding Data?
- Advice for Parents?
TKA Recognized as Common Sense School
Common Sense Schools are committed to deep implementation of the Common Sense Digital Citizenship Curriculum. Earning the Common Sense School badge is a symbol of a school's dedication to helping students think critically and use technology responsibly to learn, create, and participate.
Learn more about criteria for recognition as a Common Sense School.