I AM A CHRISTIAN! I AM A CHAMPION! I AM A KNIGHT!
"To train young leaders to pursue whole-hearted excellence for Christ through unique educational experiences in athletics."
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith”…these are the words of The Apostle Paul at the end of his life. Our desire and prayer is that these same words would be spoken and lived out in each athlete’s life that passes through our program.
This program will strive to create an environment where players enter the program as boys and girls, but leave as men and women of God. Our goal is to train up players committed to living a life of excellence in all areas, working unto the Lord always and in every aspect of their lives.
Each student athlete will come to school to receive an education, although, they will leave with so much more. With effort and determination, TKA athletes will become a Champion in the classroom, in the athletic arena, and in their personal lives.
These values have been at the heart of The King’s Academy Athletics since the school's founding in 1991:
- To glorify God in all we do.
- To ensure biblical principles are at the foundation of every aspect of our athletic program.
- To hire coaches who are believers in Jesus Christ, who want to minister to athletes and other coaches, who are competent coaches of the game, and who are willing to live out the TKA values of ministry, relationships, leadership, honor, & unity
- To mentor and teach student athletes to:
- commit to living a life of excellence and practice disciplines in life, study, and prayer, working unto the Lord always and in every aspect of their lives.
- learn that they are not defined by our culture, but by our Creator, and through Christ.
- acknowledge “life as a Champion” begins as they learn to love their Lord, teammates, the challenge, and the opponent.
- embrace what it means to consider others greater than themselves and become willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of the team.
- learn to play the game with intensity and yet not identify themselves by the scoreboard but by the Cross.
- understand growth and development will occur by continually evaluating their inner life, not comparing themselves to others, but by making Christ their standard.
- focus attention on choosing good words and actions that encourage and uplift others, especially teammates and opponents.
- continue to live as Champions after leaving TKA, seeking good by acting justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with our God.
Thank you for allowing us to share our hearts. God Bless.
Your TKA Athletics Staff
TKA College Athletes
Each year, a number of graduates from The King's Academy go on to play athletics in college. We are proud of our Knights for their athletic skills but especially for their Christian character and leadership.