The 2019-20 FTC challenge SkyStone
kicked off on September 7th. To see the full challenge, check out the FTC game animation
The FTC season runs from September through January, possibly longer if the team qualifies for post-season championships. Both teams competed at their first qualifying tournament on November 23rd at Cisco.
MidKnight Mayhem #15385 won:
- 1st place Design Award which recognizes their robot's design elements that are both functional and aesthetic and that incorporates industrial design elements into their solution.
- 2nd place Robot Game as the finalist alliance
- 3rd place Connect Award connecting with their local STEM community to explore opportunities available in engineering, science and technology as well as helping their community understand FIRST robotics.
MidKnight Madness #7854 won:
- 1st place Think Award for their engineering notebook
- 2nd place Inspire Award given to the team that best embodies the ‘challenge’ of the FIRST Tech Challenge program and is a gracious competitor.
The TKA robotics team members contribute a variety of skills and no prior experience is required. We train new members on CAD, hardware prototyping, and software with Android Studio to program in Java. We also have an on-campus machine shop to design and manufacture parts. The team is run like a small business, with marketing, fund raising, team management and presentation skills needed as well.