Dear Returning TKA Students,
I hope you are enjoying your summer! We are busy here preparing for the new school year and looking for some student leaders who to serve our school in two important ways:
We are looking for students across all grade levels who would be excited to serve as an ambassador to new TKA students! This program is designed to help newly enrolled students feel connected to TKA from the very beginning. If you like meeting new people, making new friends, and helping those around you feel welcome, this program is for you!
Here's how it works:
- Each TKA Ambassador would be assigned 4 new TKA students in your grade or grades below yours (in case we can't match exactly).
- We ask that you connect these new students in the following ways:
- Welcome Zoom Call (or other video chat app of your choice): Before school starts, set up a video chat and invite all the new students assigned to you. In the meeting, introduce yourself, welcome them, and see if they have any questions about the school.
- Follow Up Meeting In week #2 of school, reach out to your group and set up a lunch meeting with these students to see how their first week went!
- Stay Connected Emails: Over the course of the first quarter, plan to send two emails to these students to check in on them, share any important information, and just stay connected.
If you are interested in being a Student Ambassador, please sign up on this Google Form by Saturday, July 23. By July 30, I will send you the emails of the students assigned to you, and you can begin connecting!
The Shadow Host program is intended to welcome prospective students to TKA and is vital to the admissions process! If you've enjoyed being a TKA Knight and would like to share your experience with students considering TKA, we encourage you to sign up for the Shadow Host program. As a host, you will spend the school day with your shadow, including them in all of your activities including class activities and lunch. Shadow students will be hosted on Tuesdays and Fridays each week beginning in October.
Shadow Hosts in Grades 6 and 9 are in high demand, so your help is needed! Our goal is to match Shadow students with hosts who have similar interests, so we need athletes, VPA enthusiasts, tech-savvy students, and student leaders! Help put a welcoming face on TKA!
If interested in being a Shadow Host, please complete this form by August 30.
We gladly invite you to serve in both roles if you like but you can just choose one. Thank you for being a part of what makes TKA special!