Knights Annual Fundraiser
Knights Annual Fundraiser 2023 Raises $500,000!
Dear TKA Community,
I wish to extend a heartfelt thanks to our parents, grandparents, and alumni families who joined us last Saturday at A Cultural Mosaic: United In Christ. Our community gathered in the Quad, beautifully transformed into a global tapestry, reflecting our diverse heritages. Staff and parents embraced the theme, arriving in their traditional cultural attire. Our students took on vital roles, contributing as servers, emcees, tech crew, performances, and raffle ticket sellers. We sincerely hope that you have enjoyed this community-building event!
Catch the event highlights in the video below, or download any photos you like as a keepsake for a "Knight" to remember!
- Video credit: Jerico Horca, TKA Staff
- Photo credit: Helyx Belew, Yearbook Student
Thanks to the incredible generosity of the community, we raised over $500,000 for tuition assistance and the Full Steam Ahead campaign. Whether you volunteered, made a donation, attended the event, or purchased an auction item, you helped us reach the goal of A Cultural Mosaic, that every qualified student from every socio-economic background can attend TKA. Your gift has also helped with the V-Building renovation. For this, I thank you!
The never-ending generosity of our community is astounding. We are so thankful for the evening's underwriters, corporate sponsors, auction donors, auction bidders, and volunteers who all helped make this an enjoyable event. We would like to thank TKA staff, Visual & Performing Arts Department, and Facilities Department, whose efforts contributed to the event's success.
We are deeply grateful to each and every person who helped make our Knights Annual Fund 2023, A Cultural Mosaic, so heartfelt and memorable.
Head of School
Join the Knights Annual Fundraiser Auction Team
Parent volunteers are needed every year for the Knights Annual Fundraiser Auction Team. Areas where we need parent help include:
- Donations: Secure donations/sponsorship for the auction by visiting or calling local businesses.
- Writing: Write and describe auction packages for online promotion.
- Promotion/Marketing: Help promote the event and the auction packages at TKA and within the local community
This is a great volunteer opportunity for:
- those who'd like a touch of nonprofit/development/events experience for your résumé
- those who know (and love!) their local businesses
- those who want to take on a limited-in-scope but very important role in helping our school successfully raise the funds we need
To request more information, email Josephine Loy, Director of Annual Fund & Alumni Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Pictures from Recent Fundraisers
2022: Ohana Knight*
2021: Back to Our Future*
2019: A Galactic Knight*
2018: A Knight At the Museum*
2017: Take Flight*
2016: TKA Western Style"
**Photos courtesy of Helyx Belew, TKA Yearbook Student
*Photos courtesy of Gordon Kelly, TKA Parent