Parent participation is a crucial element in why TKA has a reputation as a family-friendly, wholesome environment. Giving of one's time is a precious gift to our school!
Active, passionate parents join us on our service trips and class field trips to destinations in the U.S. and abroad, or they support these trips back home by helping with fundraising or logistical planning. Parents also help out at school-wide events such as the Back to School BBQ, Carnival, Open Houses and Graduation. Additionally, parents often bring siblings and extended family to help with events or service opportunities on campus.
And, of course, we always depend on parent prayers for the safety of our students and in support of our goal to bring each student into a closer relationship with Christ. The relationships among parents create a caring community, as parents help each other with the parenting process and weave a web of support for our students.
Parent Requirements for Volunteering on Campus & Driving Students
In order to volunteer on campus, and enjoy being part of the many fun events and activities, or drive students to retreats, athletic events, parents must complete the Mandatory Adult Volunteer Requirements below:
- RETURNING Parent Volunteer Mandatory Requirements 2023-24
- NEW Parent Volunteer Mandatory Requirements 2023-24
Royal Reminders "Parent Volunteer Corner"
Our most current volunteer needs are listed in TKA Royal Reminders, the weekly Friday email bulletin, under "Parent Volunteer Corner." You can access past Royal Reminders here. If you would like to discuss how you might effectively contribute your skills and talents to The King's Academy, please contact PR Event/Parent Coordinators: Gabrielle Babin at (408) 591-4716 or Carolyn Thompson at (650) 678-0553.
Join the Knights Annual Fundraiser Auction Team
Parent volunteers are needed every year for the Knights Annual Fundraiser Auction Team. Areas where we need parent help include:
- Donations: Secure donations/sponsorship for the auction by visiting or calling local businesses.
- Writing: Write and describe auction packages for online promotion.
- Promotion/Marketing: Help promote the event and the auction packages at TKA and within the local community
This is a great volunteer opportunity for:
- those who'd like a touch of nonprofit/development/events experience for your résumé
- those who know (and love!) their local businesses
- those who want to take on a limited-in-scope but very important role in helping our school successfully raise the funds we need
To request more information, email email@example.com.
Learn how your donations support tuition assistance and campus improvements.
Moms in Prayer
TKA Moms in Prayer Flyer
We are privileged to meet 8:10-9:10 a.m. every Thursday to release God's power on our children and school through prayer. We believe that prayer makes all the difference for our students, staff and the direction and protection of our school.
Lamentations 2:19 exhorts us to "Pour out your hearts like water before the face of the Lord, lift up your hands toward Him for the lives of your children".
Moms, join us to pray for our students, staff and school and receive support and encouragement from other mothers who will share your burdens. Visit the Moms In Prayer website to learn more about this international organization. For more information about the TKA group, contact parent leads:
- Cindy Jerdonek: CindyJerdonek@outlook.com
- Tracy Sheffer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Lee: email@example.com