TKA at A Glance
Download a copy of our School Profile.
Download a copy of TKA At A Glance.
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991.
The King’s Academy strives to have all graduating students be spiritually maturing, academically excellent, morally principled, and socially confident and concerned.
- Grades 6-12
- Total Enrollment 2019-2020: 937
- 9th-12th: 597
- 7th-8th: 225
- 6th: 115
- Ethnicity: 29% Caucasian, 50% Asian, 12% Multi-racial, 5% Hispanic/Latino, 2% Black, 2% Other
International Students: 22
- Faculty: 76 - 69 full-time, 7 part-time
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 12 to 1
- Average Class Size: 19; 87% of classes have less than 25 students
- 6th Grade Class Size: 20-22
- 2019-2020 Tuition: $18,400 for grade 6; $19,400 for grades 7-8; $20,400 for grades 9-12
- 159 students are receiving financial aid in 2019-2020
- $1,010,000 is the amount of financial aid given for 2019-2020
- View detailed test scores here.
- Advanced Placement Courses -- 18; Honors Courses – 13
- AP Tests 2019: Average AP Score - 3.91; 92% passed (score of 3, 4, 5); 61% received top scores of 4 or 5 (All TKA students taking AP courses are required to take the accompanying AP exam.) In May 2019, 562 AP exams were administered to 272 students
- AP Courses:
- Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics 1
- Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics
- English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition
- Chinese Language & Culture, French Language & Culture, Spanish Language & Culture
- Psychology, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History, World History: Modern
- Computer Science Principles, Computer Science A
- SAT Scores 2018:
- Average Evidenced-Based Reading - 631
- Average Math - 624
- Writing & Language Subscore - 32
- Math Subscore - 31
- Reading Subscore - 32
From the Class of 2019, 100% are attending college/university (85%-4 year college/university; 14%-2 year college). View TKA's college acceptance list.
Four full-time counselors offer comprehensive academic and college planning and programs beginning in the ninth grade. Individualized meetings are scheduled with an academic counselor for all sophomores and their families. During this meeting, families are registered with Naviance Student™, an online program for career and college planning. At the beginning of the junior year, each student is assigned a college counselor who will work alongside the student through their college admissions process. For more details see the College & Academic Planning brochure.
Community service: 35 hours per year for a total of 140 hours required for graduation. Service trips offered in 2019-2020 to: Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, India, Mexico (Tecaté and Guadalajara), Spain, Kentucky, Los Angeles, Pardise (CA), San Miguel School in Sunnyvale
- Athletic Teams: 65 (20 - fall, 18 - winter, 27 - spring)
- Total high school participants: 549*
Total junior high participants: 286* (*may count athlete on multiple sports)
- High school participating in CCS championship playoffs in 2019-2020: 12
- Championships: football - CCS Champions 2019-20, Baseball - CCS Champions 2019-20, Boys Track & Field - WBAL Champions 2019-2020
- High School Sports: Boys & Girls—Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball, Water Polo; Boys—Baseball, Football; Girls Softball
- Junior High Sports: Boys & Girls—Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball; Boys—Football, Baseball; Girls Softball
- Vocal: concert choir, Knightshine show choir
- Instrumental: strings orchestra, marching band and color guard, jazz band
- Theatre: junior high – one play and one musical each year; high school – one play and one musical each year; one-act plays directed by high school students; improv group
Dance: All levels dance instruction; Ignite advanced dance performing group
- Art: Drawing, 3D, Advanced, Calligraphy, Ceramics, Film Studies, Linear Perspective Drawing, Intro to Digital Painting, 3D Modeling-ZBrush, Digital Design & Animation
The library is open to all students on regular school days at 7:30 a.m. and until 6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and until 4:00 p.m. on Friday.
Hot and cold meals can be purchased for breakfast, brunch, and lunch. A full-service salad bar is open daily for lunch. Other healthy snacks and drinks are available for sale at the Knight's Café at meals and after school.
Staffed by a full-time Director and two part-time assistants, the Academic Support Department offers a limited range of support services for students who have been diagnosed with a learning issue, a medical illness, and/or emotional issues. The staff create individual student support plans for students needing some accommodations. Teacher and peer tutoring offered in Academic Support Center. The fee for the year is $750. Read the Academic Support brochure for more information.
- Central gathering spot," the Quad," with student lockers
- College & Academic Counseling Center
- Academic Support Center
- Testing Center
- Knights Café with walk-in salad bar, self-serve beverage dispensers, multiple microwave stations
- Library with multi-media center
- 5 computer labs: 3 PC and 2 iMac
- 2 chemistry labs; 3 life sciences labs; 2 biology labs; 1 physics lab
- 475-seat, 10,000 square-feet performing arts theater
- Dance studio; vocal music studio; band room
- Art and ceramic studios
- Large spiritual life/student life building with stage
- Full-size gymnasium and an auxiliary gym
- State-of-the-art, all-weather running track
- Artificial turf (organic infill) football/soccer field
- 6 tennis courts
- Turf multi-purpose field for junior high athletics and lunchtime play
Baseball and softball fields (artificial turf outfield) with dugouts
- Outdoor athletic quad for basketball, volleyball, hockey
- Athletic training room and weight room
- Broadcasting center
- Solar panel structures over front and back parking lots
- Electric vehicle charging stations
If you cannot find an answer to your question, kindly email Kriss Hayward, Director of Marketing & Communications, and she will help you!