For more details go to www.tka.org/reopen.
Dear TKA Community,
Please watch this short video (6:07) with more details about the fall reopening from Mr. Scott Meadows, Head of School.
- Due to state health mandate, TKA will reopen online with remote learning on Monday, August 24.
- The health order applies to all public and private schools in Santa Clara County; elementary schools can apply for a waiver to have in-person school. The order is to ensure the safety of students and staff and slow the spread of coronavirus.
- TKA intends to transition to the hybrid model once conditions in Santa Clara County permit in-person instruction for middle and high schools.
- TKA will soon be installing Cisco PresenterTrack to improve the remote learning experience. Watch this short demo to see how it works! Teachers can teach from their classrooms and the camera will automatically follow them and focus on what they are doing. This experience will be a significant improvement over Zoom. TKA is the only school in California using this technology!
- During remote learning, classes will meet at least four days per week for synchronous learning.
- Students will be assessed and receive grades.
- California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), the state's governing body for high school athletics, announced that the fall sports season is being delayed until 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
*Further details will be forthcoming about these activities.
- August 7 (Friday) - Class schedules released by end of day.
- August 10-14 (Monday-Friday) - Schedule adjustments for high school students only via remote meetings with counselors.
- August 17-20 (Monday-Thursday) - School Photos/Textbook Distribution, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. *Families will be assigned day/time to come to campus.
- August 24 (Monday) - First Day of School (was August 18-moved to one week later)
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to:
- Scott.Meadows@tka.org, Head of School
- Jeff Williamson@tka.org, High School Principal
- Jack.Ferrante@tka.org, Junior High Principal
- Governor Gavin Newsom Lays Out Pandemic Plan for Learning and Safe Schools, 7/17/20
- State Monitoring List
- What is Closed Under State or Local Health Orders, Santa Clara County Public Health, 7/17/20