Service Select Application
Students must sign in using their TKA email account. If you have trouble accessing the application link below, be sure to log out of your personal email on your computer and/or change your web browser. Both student and parent will receive an email confirmation once the application is submitted.
Service Select Guidelines
Service is a critical component of TKA’s educational experience. TKA provides a variety of opportunities for students to travel, serve, engage in cross-cultural relationships, and experience the world through the lenses of poverty and hope, injustice and compassion, alienation and community.
TKA high school students are required to complete 35 hours of service annually as part of their graduation requirement. Students should submit a Service Select Application if they have chosen to fulfill their service hours outside of TKA sponsored Service Trips. The required hours may be completed at more than one organization, and an application should be submitted for each organization a student serves at.
Service Select opportunities include:
- service within the local community
- participation in a service trip with a nonprofit organization or church group
Receiving Credit for Service Select
To receive credit, please note that Service Select students must:
- submit the online application (on the TKA website) and receive approval prior to the start of Service Select
- log hours online through a website called SEHOLO (SErvice HOurs LOgger)
Outside organizations must not be in conflict with TKA's Statement of Faith. Additionally, we ask that a Service Select opportunity must meet a minimum of three of the following five criteria:
- The recipients have a material need.
- There is a relational component.
- There is a spiritual component.
- Students are serving across economic, geographic, or ethnic groups.
- Students are choosing to be out of their “comfort zone.”
For questions or to receive an application, contact Julie Jahde-Young, Service Outreach Coordinator.