academic support DEPARTMENT
The Academic Support Department offers a limited range of support services for our students who have been diagnosed with a learning issue, a medical illness, and/or emotional issues. The resources we provide are to help equip the student for academic success.
Academic Support Department
- Create Individual Student Support Plans tailored to the student’s specific learning, emotional, physical needs
- Recommend classroom accommodations
- Meet with student’s Educational Testing Evaluator
- Monitor student’s progress at school
- Make adjustments to student schedule, when necessary
- Coordinate conferences between students/parents/teachers
- Offer private tutoring references
- Offer specialized organization program
- Provide PSAT/SAT/ACT testing on site - certified proctor; application for extended time
- Provide admissions exam accommodations
Academic Support Center
- A quiet setting for taking tests and finals
Proctor tests and exams with extended time
Computers and printers
Academic Support Fees
- $750 annual fee payable by November 1.
- Financial Assistance available upon request to the Business Office
Academic Support Resources
- Download the Academic Support brochure for further information.
- Educational Testing Resources
- Tutoring Resources
** Please note, in order for students to receive Academic Support Services, they must submit an educational evaluation that has been administered by a clinical psychologist within the past three years. Students who do not have up-to-date evaluations will not be given assistance through the Academic Support Department. Please contact Doreen Heenk for further questions: email@example.com.