CCS Football Champions 2018!
Please support these TKA student-athletes with your cheers and prayers, as they represent The King's Academy at the Central Coast Section (CCS) tournaments.
Football CCS Quarterfinals vs. San Mateo
CCS Cross Country Championships
- When: Saturday, November 16, Girls at 1:30 p.m. and Boys at 2:05 p.m.Publish
- Qualifiers: Sara Chamness (10th grade), Sophia Lee (11th grade), Tyler Hartley (12th grade)
- Where: Crystal Springs Cross Country Course: 2600 Hallmark Dr, Belmont, CA 94002
- Admission: Adult Admission-$10, General ( Senior Citizens, High School Students, & Children 6 and older)- $5, Children 5 and under- Free.
- Schedule linked here.
TKA girl's varsity volleyball team made it to the CCS tournament quarterfinals. Although they lost to Sacred Heart Prep, the team put up an amazing fight after a great season. Way to go Lady Knights...We're so proud of you!
TKA running back, Noah Short, and Athletic Director, Joe Maemone, were interviewed for this story: "NCAA Board Approves Athlete Compensation for Image, Likeness"
Read the Prep2Prep article about TKA's ! (10/13/19)
(Photo: Ethan Kassel)
Read the Daily Journal article (10/8/19) here! Congratulations Jayden and TKA Knights on 5th straight win!
Watch this GetSportsFocus Game of the Week video for an overview of the game and player interviews after TKA's 36:8 win over Monte Vista Christian on September 14.
Single Football Tickets: Buy Online Here!
- Saturday, August 24, Scrimmage vs Cupertino at TKA: JV-5:00 p.m.; Varsity-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 20 vs Homestead at TKA, Sunnyvale Alumni Night, JV-4:00 p.m.; Varsity-7:00 p.m.
CCS Track & Field Finals took place Friday, May 17, and TKA came out with another CCS champion for three years in a row in at least one event.
- Bralyn Lux won the CCS long jump competition with a jump of 23 feet and 4.25 inches and broke the school record! Currently Bralyn is ranked 16th in the entire state of California and will compete at the California State Meet this Friday in Clovis, California at Buchannan High School. Read Mercury News article here.
- Update! Bralyn Lux competed May 24-25 at the CCS State Track and Field meet. He finished in 7th Place with a jump of 22'10". He is the first TKA athlete to score points at the California State Meet!
The other highlights of the meet were:
- Kamau Carlise placed 4th in the 200 meters and 8th in the long Jump.
- Bralyn Lux placed 4th in the 100 meters and is now ranked second all time for TKA in the 100 meters behind Kamau.
- Joanna Yu placed 7th in the pole vault.
- Hailey Richey placed 11th in the Long Jump
- Molly Clarke placed 12th in the Long Jump
- The TKA boys team placed 8th overall out of all schools in CCS.
TKA Sports Camps Are Open to the Public:
We are excited about TKA's Summer Sports Camps for 2019. Please pass this information on to any families that you think could benefit from our Christian sports camps: Coed Football (ages 8-13), Coed Volleyball (ages 9-13), Coed Soccer (ages 4-18).
The Knights won their a rain-shortened game on Saturday against Palma in the first round of the playoffs by a score of 10-3. On to Semi-Finals!
Baseball: Division 3 CCS Semi-Finals vs. Pacific Grove High School
- When: Thursday, May 23 (Postponed from Tues. May 21), NEW OFFICIAL START TIME 6:00 p.m. (could start as early as 5:30 if game before finishes early)
- Where: Washington Park, Santa Clara
- Admission: Adult-$10; General-$5(Senior Citizens, High School Students, & Children 6 and older); Children 5 and under: Free
- Bracket: Linked here.
GO KNIGHTS, GO!
CONGRATULATIONS KNIGHTS - HEADED TO CCS!
Please support these TKA student-athletes with your cheers and prayers, as they represent The King's Academy at the Central Coast Section (CCS) tournament.
Softball: Division 2 CCS 1st Round vs. Carmel High School
- When: Wednesday, May 15, 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Carmel Middle School (4380 Carmel Valley Rd, Carmel)
- Admission: All 12 and over-$5; All 11 and under-Free
- Bracket: Linked here.
Track and Field: CCS Finals
- When: Friday, May 17, 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Gilroy High School (750 W 10th St, Gilroy, CA 95020)
- Admission: Adult-$10; General-$5 (Senior Citizens, High School Students, & Children 6 and older); Children 5 and under-Free
- Schedule: Linked here.
Qualifiers: Bralyn Lux (100m, Long Jump), Kamau Carlisle (200, Long Jump), Hailey Richey (Long Jump), Molly Clarke (Long Jump), Joanna Yu (Pole Vault)
Baseball: Division 3 CCS Quarter Finals vs. Palma High School
At the WBAL Track and Field league championships on Friday night at Gunn High School in Palo Alto, both the varsity boys and junior varsity boys won the League championship.The varsity boys have now won five years in a row!! The varsity girls team finished third overall and the JV girls finished fourth in league out of thirteen teams.
TKA had more CCS qualifiers and event champions, 2nd place, and 3rd place finishes than ever before in school history.
Come out and support our Knights at the CCS Track and Field Trials!
When: Saturday, May 11, at 10:00 a.m. (Finals are Friday, May 17)
- Adult: $10
- General(Senior Citizens, High School Students, & Children 6 and older): $5
- Children 5 and under: Free
10 Boys Qualify to CCS in 12 out of 16 events for Track and Field
- Kamau Carlisle, Bralyn Lux - 100 meters
- Kamau Carlisle - 200 meters
- Micah Jensen - 110 Hurdles
- JT Williamson - 300 Hurdles
- JT Williamson - 400 M
- Bralyn Lux, Kamau Carlise, JT Williamson, Noah Short - 4x100
- Micah Jensen, Dylan Glenn, Raymond Ho, JT Williamson - 4x400
- Bryce Falkowski - Discus
- CJ Durand - High Jump
- CJ Durand - Triple Jump
- Bralyn Lux, Kamau Carlisle - Long Jump
- Caleb Epps, CJ Durand - Pole Vault
5 TKA Girls Qualify on to CCS in 4 events
- Anna Mokkapati - 1600
- Anna Mokkapati - 3200
- Hailey Richey, Molly Clarke - Long Jump
- Joanna Yu, Corina Chen - Pole Vault
Pictures From League Championship (Courtesy of Principal Williamson)
- Bralyn Lux won the Stanford Invitational in the long jump with a jump of 23' 3" and is now second on the all time TKA leader board. He is only .25 inches off the school record. Next week he competes at the most competivive track and field invitaional in the country at the Arcadia Invitational in Los Angeles.
- Kamau Carlisle ties the school record in the 100 meters in a time of 10.95 and finished 5th at the Stanford Invitational. He will compete next week as well at the Arcadia invitational in the 100 meters, 4x100, and Long Jump. Kamau tied the TKA school record in the 100 meters as well this weekend.
- The boys 4x400 meter relay team consisting of JT Williamson, Micah Jensen, Kamau Carlisle and Noah Short, placed 14th overall in a time of 3:29.22. The team ran the third fastest time in school history. JT Williamson ran 51.5, Micah Jensen ran 54.0, Kamau ran 52.3 and Noah Short ran 50.2 respectively in their relay splits.
- Also last week at our regular WBAL meet Joanna Yu had a life time best in the pole vault of 11'3" and broke her own school record. She also will be competing at the Arcadia invitational in Los Angeles.
- Stanford Results for all athletes - https://www.athletic.net/
- Noah Short in his first 100 meter race every broke the sophomore school record set by Kamau Carlisle. Noah ran 11.34 and his now 3rd overall on the school leader board.
- Leah Tasker ran an excellent 100 meter race and ran 12.98 and moved up to fourth all time on the TKA record board.
- Molly Clarke also had an excellent 100 meter race and ran 13.32 and moved up to 8th overall all on the TKA record board.
- Fremont Meet Results --- https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/353794/results
TKA had a plethora of Personal Records (PRs) among all the athletes. Congrats to all. Please pray for the athletes traveling down to Southern California for a safe and fulfilling trip and for continued health and for God's will to be done. - Coach Tompkins
Sports Physical Day: Monday, May 6, 5:30-8:00 p.m., $35
TKA Campus, Registration in W Building
A student-athlete is eligible only after the Pre-participation Physical Evaluation form is signed by a physician and on file with the Athletic Department. Athletic Clearance Packets will be on hand for parents/guardians to fill out and sign. All student-athletes' physical forms are only valid for one academic school year. The physical can be done at TKA or by your family physician.
The Central Coast Section has announced the 14 recipients of the CCS Scholar-Athlete Scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year including TKA senior, Kyle Bergstedt. Kyle runs Cross Country and Track & Field for TKA.
These exceptional student-athletes were nominated by their schools and put forth to their leagues for selection. One male and one female were selected from each of the leagues that make up the CCS. The applications from these females and males were then submitted to the CCS Scholarship and Awards Committee.
The 14 scholarship winners will each receive a $500 scholarship at the CCS Scholar-Athlete Awards Breakfast on Monday, March 25, at the Silver Creek Sportsplex.
ALL Junior High Sports Tryouts Begin on Tuesday, March 12, After School. Please make sure they are properly dressed for the sport they are participating in. Please make sure your son or daughter have all their paperwork done for the athletic clearance process so they can get their clearance ticket. Sports will meet at following locations:
- Baseball - Fair Oaks Park
- Volleyball - Main Gym or Auxiliary Gym
- Tennis - Tennis courts
- Track - Track
- Osman Cheng (10) got two new PRs - the first in 50 Freestyle (beating his previous PR by 1 second) and 100 Breaststroke (beating his previous PR by 2 seconds)
- Hannah Po (10) has a new PR in 50 Freestyle (beating her previous PR by a whopping 1/10th of a second)
- Megan Porter (PSP 10) has a new PR in 50 Freestyle (beating her previous time by 3/100th of a second)
- Akshitha Venguideshe (10) has a new PR in 50 Freestyle (beating her previous PR by 16/100th of a second).
- Gregory Irwin (11) has a new PR in 100 Freestyle (beating his previous PR by 4 whole seconds).
- Osman Cheng (10), Andy Huang (11), Joshua Ridder (10), Issac Irwin (PSP 10) had a great time in their 200 Freestyle Relay of being only 10 seconds shy of a CCS cut! And Josh and Issac are newbies to swimming competitively!