Sports Physical Day
Frequently Asked Questions (Below)
- WHO: All Current & Prospective Student-Athletes need a physical. The physical may be done at TKA or by your personal physician.
- WHEN: Monday, May 6, 5:30-8:00 p.m.
- WHERE: TKA Campus, Registration in W Building
- COST: $35.00 if physical is being done at TKA
- SIGN UP TO TAKE PHYSICAL AT TKA HERE
- PAY ONLINE HERE: Payment can be made by cash/check on the day of or be paid online in advance. Payments made online will not be refunded.
- WHY: A student-athlete is eligible ONLY after the Pre-participation Physical Evaluation form is signed by a physician and on file with the Athletic Department. Athletic Clearance Packets will be on hand for parents/guardians to fill out and sign. ALL STUDENT-ATHLETES’ PHYSICAL FORMS ARE ONLY VALID FOR ONE ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR.
- WHAT TO BRING: First page of this Pre-participation Physical Form (History Form) MUST BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED by parent/guardian and turned in on Sports Physical Day.
- WHAT TO WEAR: All student-athletes should wear long athletic shorts and a t-shirt.
- LENGTH OF PHYSICAL DAY: Sports Physical Day is about an hour process to complete. Please allow enough time to complete the physical day process.
Mandatory Concussion ImPACT Test
Computerized baseline concussion test takes 30-40 minutes to complete and needs to be taken every other year unless a concussion has been sustained within the last school year. Impact Testing will be available in K-11 for those that need to take it for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
Is Sports Physical Day mandatory? No, It is not mandatory to get a physical at TKA, but in order to participate in sports, each student does need to have a physical completed by a physician. This is just one way to get a physical completed.
Can my child get a physical from his/her physician/pediatrician instead? Yes!
What if I can’t make it? You can see your own physician/pediatrician to have a physical completed.
Where should I turn in my completed physical if I saw my own physician/pediatrician? Turn it into the athletic office or to the ATR (Athletic Training Room, located behind the weight room). Completed physicals can also be scanned and emailed to the emails below.
Does my child need a physical to participate in dance or P.E.? No, a physical is only required if your student will be participating in a TKA sport.
If my child took an impact test last year, 2018-2019 school year, does he/she need to take one this year? No, If your child has taken a test on or after May 6th 2018, he/she does not need to take an impact test for this coming 2019-2020 school year.
If my child sustained a concussion within the 2018-2019 school year, does he/she need to take an impact test? Yes, we need a new baseline test completed before participating in a sport.